Provocative Quotes from JJ Dewey
- There is nothing too good to be true. Nothing can be withheld by those who persevere.
- Life is but a flicker of light between two eternities.
- Follow the highest you know in darkness and in light; Soon your next step will be revealed to you.
- When the extreme seems normal the one who has balance seems to be the extreme.
- The fact that we exist, or that God or anything exists, is the greatest miracle of all, and boggles the mind of the highest initiate.
- In the end, love is One, but in its discovery it is many.
- None of us want disease and pain, but disease and pain are often caused by what we want.
- If a teaching just seems to make no sense do not trust it until it does make sense.
- Evil is that which pulls us backward in evolution and good is that which pushes us forward.
- The true glory of accomplishment is in initiation, not imitation.
- Be still, reach into the silent place, and know who you are.
- In the higher realms 1+1=1
- Truth is spiritual wherever it is found. There is no such thing as spirituality without truth.
- True freedom is not imposing your will on others so you can have what you want. It is creating maximum freedom for all, often at the dismay of those in power.
- Light dispels darkness but darkness cannot dispel light. Even so truth, revealed and understood, obliterates that which is false.
- Words and other forms of earthly communication veil truth, even if they come from God.
- Once the seeker reaches that point where he is totally dedicated to following the highest he knows, then illusion must be dispelled or he will become dangerous.
- What good is a nail if it is never used to create something of which it is just a part? What good is the selfish one who never merges in an act of love?
- He who listens to the inner voice can find more truth in the National Enquirer than one who is in illusion can find in the Bible.
- Every possibility is manifest somewhere and every possible experience that can be lived is being played out somewhere. You as an individual are going through an experience unique to yourself, slightly different from any other life in the Universe.
- God needs all Its creations for Itself to be complete for the ALL is God, not the All minus one.
- Many of those accepted by the masses as authorities today will be equated by future generations with the flat earth believers of yesterday.
- What better way is there to learn than from experience? — To painfully experience the effects of our own causes forces us to stare reality in the face.
- The real path forward in spiritual evolution will demand all the talents, intelligence and strength the seeker has to successfully complete the journey. If you are not being challenged then you are doing something wrong.
- People can insult me all they want and I will just move forward as if the insult does not exist. Why give your power away to another person? Reacting to a perceived insult as if it diminishes you in any way merely empowers it and diminishes yourself, making you a victim of your own making.
- There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who have a sense of humor and those who do not. My true friends are in the first category and those I avoid are in the second.
- It may take a thousand facts to create the understanding of one principle, but one principle can reveal a thousand facts.
- To say that life is unfair is to say that God is unfair. When all things are considered throughout the life of the soul, all is fair.
- If a teacher is right about everything, and you believe and follow the teachings without confirmation from within, you have found nothing.
- The principle of freedom is a key that must be understood before one can make a conscious decision for the path of light.
- To all politicians. Don’t just make empty promises for the future. Tell us what you have done and are doing and thinking now.
- To all politicians. Please tell us the truth, not just what you think we want to hear.
- To all politicians. I know you say you are working hard, but please take a break. You are often doing more harm than good.
- To all politicians. Please vote according to the will of the people, not the party bosses.
- To all politicians. Give yourself and us a break. Support term limits.
- To all politicians. We do not want Catholic, Mormon, Protestant, Buddhist or Muslim leaders being given the stage of authority from you or the UN to lecture to us.
99.9999% of Facebook fans love animals.
Maybe someday we’ll agree on the other stuff.
- Understanding and dealing with your weaknesses and limitations is a key to unlimited power.
- A stopped clock is right twice a day.
That is twice as reliable as Congress.
- There’s the easy way and the hard way, or the way that produces little contrasted with real productivity.
- The person who can’t come up with good solutions to every-day simple problems ought to consider that he could be wrong on the big stuff as well.
- As below, so above but with a divine and rational twist.
- The person in your life who irritates you the most is your greatest teacher.
- Don’t trust a person who cannot answer a simple yes or no question.
- Ask anyone if they are open minded and they will say yes. Then quote a politician that is not a member of his or her party. You can bet it will be rejected instantly.
- If the zealot holds sacred the idea that 2+2=5, then the one who says 2+2=4 is the enemy.
- Happiness is found in the quest for good, the beautiful and the true. Peace and rest are yours when they are achieved.
- Those preaching religious or political truth generally only see a tiny piece of a jigsaw puzzle when thinking they have the whole picture.
- There is a religion of peace. It is found deep in the human heart.
- 99% believe they are thinking out of the box while less than 1% do.
- Those who believe they are thinking out of the box usually just move to a different spot within the box
- When awakened from sleep the dreamer still exists but with greater awareness than before. Then at death we wake again to a greater more real existence.
- The greatest evidence for life after death is the fact that you cannot imagine yourself as blinking out of existence for eternity and being as if you never were.
- It is a much greater act of love to show understanding than it is to attempt to set another straight.
- One act of helpfulness shows more love than a thousand prayers.
- True humility is recognizing your true abilities and acting accordingly.
- Even the hardened atheist will sense the presence of Divinity when witnessing the birth of his or her own child.
- He who takes offense when no offense is intended is the one creating the problem.
- Where you witness humor that makes people of all beliefs laugh, there you see light.
- Global warming definitely exists. Political hot air, anger and emotional heat are on the rise everywhere.
- One of the main differences between the light and dark side is a sense of humor.
- “Who do you think you are?” is a mantra from the dark side to discourage the seeker.
- It is impossible to feel hate, anger or despair in the midst of laughter from harmless humor.
- Truth is my religion, reason is my politics, love is my God, freedom is my sword and light is my path.
- True inclusiveness looks far beyond skin color to the hearts of people of all beliefs to find common threads to bring them together without infringing on free will.
- Look not for Christ to come in the clouds of heaven, but first seek him in your own heart and reveal him through your deeds. Others will then see the Lord of Love coming amidst the clouds and fog of humanity.
- Many of those who preach most strongly against hate totally hate and despise those they label as haters.
- Thought is more powerful than action, for thought precedes action.
- If we are truly in the image of God then we must seek the answers to suffering from within ourselves.
- He who cannot see shades of gray cannot see the full truth.
- Any time there are two choices before us one is always better than the other. If we do not make the choice then our lives will be controlled by the choices of others, which is a type of slavery by default.
- Some people are like wild animals. You can appreciate them as fellow souls, but need to stay out of their way.
- All truth is logical once it is understood.
- If you follow a belief system that requires you to accept that which is not logical or reasonable – that is not faith but gullibility.
- There is no such thing as hard work for one who works at what he loves.
- It takes as much intelligence to come up with the right questions as it does to recognize the right answers.
- When negative emotions are dissipated our physical vehicles will vibrate in much greater harmony with nature and resulting disease will no longer consume us.
- Light can only reveal when a shadow is cast. If you are in space and look through millions of miles of the sun’s rays shining through the void, but with no duality of shadow, there is only blackness.
- All symbols are neutral until someone interprets them and that interpretation gives them power.
- There is no first cause for cause and effect are eternal. There is only a first cause of a cycle of creation.
- The false teacher will seek to be fed by the sheep. The true teacher will seek to feed them.
- Because of wrong focus, the only way the soul can get our attention is through pain. He who suffers great distress must ask what Higher Intelligence is attempting to teach him.
- There is no such thing as giving and getting nothing in return. There is always a return, but not always in kind.
- The most common misuse of authority lies in making you think you are not being manipulated when you are totally manipulated.
- You are intelligence in matter, which is your body. It is logical then that the body we call Earth correspondingly has great intelligence manifesting through its elements.
- Eat too much unnatural processed food and get unnatural manmade problems and disease.
- The first cause of this universe was the DECISION of the One Life to reflect Itself without limitation and the first effect was the innumerable reflections, you and me.”
- There is no such thing as infinity. If there were the universe could not be expanding. There is a number to everything.
- The greatest gift that one person can give to another is to have that love which is within the soul of one, light the soul of another, like the passing of a candle.
- If you hear a report you do not like, do not shoot or attack the messenger, but investigate the message. Your preconceived notions could be wrong.
- Who says there is no intelligent design? Billions of intelligent humans over thousands of years have been trying to duplicate the human body, and cannot equal the intelligence in its design, or even a single organ as they eye, or a single cell within the eye, or a single atom within the cell. They cannot even reverse engineer these creations.
- Insanity is when you disagree with reality
Justice is when realty bites.
Happiness is when reality is embraced.
- If we expect truth to verify all our desires, we develop a mindset that becomes an enemy to truth.
- The language of the soul is the communion of true principles
- The desire for the truth must be the only desire in the consciousness, as the truth is sought.
- Good must co-exist with evil to have meaning, just as light needs the darkness of a shadow to be seen.
- All souls divine, not seen by the blind,
Are found by love, leaving no one behind.
- Do not be afraid, it is I, grab my hand
A fellow traveler responds, Love takes a stand.
- Just talking about love, defining love, proclaiming love, mystifying love, magnifying love, writing of love, romancing love, idealizing love, etc., does not hold a candle to one real act of love.
100. Unquestioned, unproven or unearned authority is always a destroying energy.
101. Answers to prayers can be very disturbing if one is not thoughtful about what is asked.
102. Follow the highest you know in darkness and in light.
103. When one is filled with love and is receiving love he will never give up his journey on the path.
104. The Ark of the Covenant represents that secret place within you where the Spirit of God, and Christ consciousness is found. Within all human beings is available all knowledge written by the ﬁnger of God.
105. Since we all have the knowledge of God available within us, the only reason we need a teacher is to remind us to ask questions and search for the truth – not to be the truth for us.
106. When love is truly demonstrated, it does not have to be mentioned.
107. All of us know what love is when we feel it and when we feel it we do not need anyone to explain it to us.
108. Every creation and life in the universe is a center from which all things in its periphery must be discovered.
109. Those I meet who think success and achievement are easy are the most unsuccessful people I know.
110. When the world around you seems to fall apart after it seems that you have given your all, what should you do?
Give some more.
111. To unlearn is to learn and before we do we must often undo, else our efforts are in vain.
112. Everything that happens to us individually and collectively occurs because of our decisions or decisions made by others for us.
113. One of the main causes of depression is in the avoiding of difficult decisions that must be faced.
114. Give love and acceptance to all and you will have all the love and acceptance that you can handle.
115. The Will of God extends forever
It reaches to all and never says never.
116. You can dispel hate with love, but you cannot eliminate love through hate.
117. Those who focus on an end of the world apocalypse often create an underlying energy that leads to the end of their personal world in disaster.
118. Each life, or center of consciousness, great or small, is of sublime importance to itself and therefore of great importance to God.
119. No great truth will come without effort. We must seek it in our quiet moments. As we become sensitive to the inner voice we will all discover truth in some odd places.
120. Perfection is in the eye of the beholder. Even Jesus was rejected because he was seen as a flawed character.
121. It is true that we all have illusions to unravel and one illusion is often replaced with another illusion that contains less distortion than the old one. None of us knows all truth but all of us know many things that are true. Putting the pieces we call truth together so an accurate picture of reality is formed is the great quest.
122. You cannot prove spiritual reality to the concrete mind, but your inner spiritual self can recognize all truth.
123. The inner voice must be awakened by focused attention.
124. Praise be to the Father-Mother God
Who hears the prayer of the poor and the despised
Yet neglects not the heart of the exalted and the honored
Whose Spirit descends to the tiniest atom
Yet ascends to embrace the universe
Who created time for us
Yet dwells in eternity
This is our Source
To whom all souls return.
125. Only by descending into the darkest depths can the fullness of love and light become known.
126. It is difficult for us to clarify with our consciousness that which lies outside our consciousness.
127. The inner spirit only recognizes that which is true and does not see error. Therefore the soul vibrates positive for us when truth is spoken or presented.
128. Never substitute the master within for a master without.
129. There are certain words stimulating thought that take the ear back to the vibration of spirit that cannot be corrupted. These are called, “Eternal Words.”
130. If we try to solve the equations of the higher realms instead of our basic lessons, we will neither know the mysteries of the higher or be able to live successfully in the lower. What this leads to is the seeker becoming the dreamer within the dream rather than the knower waking from the dream.
131. 5 things we would be better off without
(1) Reality shows
(2) Most politicians
(3) Incessant barking dogs
(4) The politically correct police
(5) The Walking Dead on TV and in real life.
(6) Someone disturbing your dinner shouting Allahu Akbar
132. I cannot alter the will of God, or even the whims of fate, but can adjust my mind and heart to create a positive outcome
133. I decide therefore I am becoming
I act, thus I live
I love and this gives me purpose.
134. You are an authority on yourself more than anyone else. Do not let anyone else define who you are.
135. Creation begins with thought, then contemplation, next a feasible plan, then the plan into words and finally the words into sustained action.
136. Those who rely upon the outer authority reject the idea of going within or even using their mind to verify that which they have received from without. This causes a blanket of darkness to fall upon the blind follower.
137. True peace comes not through suppressing dissent, but in allowing conflict to be resolved through maximum freewill.
138. One who reveals true principles that register with soul is a much more valuable teacher than one who has memorized the entire Wikipedia.
139. Thought is the language of the gods
Music is the language of the soul
Love is the language of the heart
Reason is the language of the mind
Without these, words are meaningless
140. The higher nature can fulfill the lower but the lower cannot fulfill itself.
141. The most potent control happens when the person does not realize he is being controlled and the strongest prison is that where the prisoner thinks he is free.
142. We make many course corrections by steering just driving down the block. Even so, must we make many corrections as we drive through life, else we wind up in the ditch.
143. As the seeker transverses the valley of the shadow of death in the blackest pitch, a hand extending love or light is seen with overwhelming joy that could not be experienced in the light of day.
144. Human nature always wants the easy way and just wants to be told the answer by some authority instead of being forced back upon their own souls.
145. Brain activity is not thinking.
146. When a better way is initiated, the dumbest thing to do is not follow.
147. The greatest treasures are hidden in plain sight.
148. The liberation of the human spirit comes through questioning of authority and all the world holds as established truth and sacred. Stare their false gods of illusion in the face and laugh. You will be rewarded with higher knowledge as well as the hatred of the devotees.
149. Being able to give weight to a teacher’s words is important because if that teacher is truly inspired then you also can be inspired by his words.
150. Take those concepts that are embraced by the authorities of the world and look in the opposite direction. There you will find gems of truth.
151. We may look at the problems in the world and feel overwhelmed, but if each helps those within his or her circle of influence the world will be healed.
152. All blessings are made for the pure of heart
Who are willing to share in whole or in part.
153. A work of light is never destroyed by its enemies, but by its friends.
154. Most people find what they are looking for rather than finding the truth.
155. It is not a coincidence that we have many hidden messages within the words commonly in use.
156. True enlightenment is found, not by retreating into the self, but by taking the highest you know and radiating it in the service of others.
157. It is much easier to distort a true teaching than it is to be a true teacher.
158. The key word for harmony is ‘acceptance.’ Accept harmless differences and see the divine at play in each other’s roles. Remember, to accept does not necessarily mean to embrace.
159. He who denies the existence of a truth because it sounds negative strengthens the veil of illusion that already embraces him.
160. If you contemplate the lesser lives within your own body, you can sense their desire to know you, and in a sense you are a god to them and they seek to be one with their god. Their god also should seek to be one with them. This is one of the secrets of perfect health.
161. As a general rule, when you have twelve or more supporters of a plan, and then stress occurs, you are going to see a Judas or Benedict Arnold surface.
162. It is not the learning of true facts that is an indication of spiritual evolution. Instead, it is the power to perceive truth and act upon it.
163. The committed love relationship is the highest form of schooling on the earth.
164. People today are attracted to the safety of the status quo and strong personalities more than ideas.
165. Thoughts are seeds that sprout and grow, so plant well and water with goodwill so your fruit will be desirable.
166. All seekers feel a desire to find their true home, not one that is physical, but spiritual.
167. When one has established ﬁrm soul contact it becomes almost impossible to take offense. The offense becomes like the roar of a lion at the zoo and may make one smile.
168. If offense is taken from the words of one who means no harm it is usually because the other party is offended at simple truth.
169. It is impossible for two people experiencing spiritual contact together to not reach agreement, for Truth, Spirit and Soul are One in the Mind of God.
170. When we focus on the material side that has no relation to the inner Spirit, then the vision goes out of focus and the two remain two.
171. True equality can only be achieved through seeing truth together, not partisan emotional conclusions.
172. Truth is found by looking for truth and basking in light, not focusing on error which darkens the mind.
173. You may be an old soul if…
- You feel like your real home is somewhere else.
- You are always interested in learning new things.
- You understand both sides of an argument.
- You have great empathy for those who suffer.
- You are generous.
- You are creative
- You have had personal experiences that convince you of existence beyond the material world.
- You love discussing philosophy
- You draw to yourself intelligent friends.
- Free time is of more value to you than free money.
- You are slow to criticize, quick to praise.
- You live and let live.
174. Give Yourself a Break!
We know we should be generous to others but also you should give gifts regularly to yourself, such as:
- Time to relax and recharge
- Time with good friends
- Good food and drink
- Something enjoyable or fun.
- Something that stimulates your mind
- Something that enlivens your heart.
- Something that gives you purpose.
A person worn out and tired is of little use to himself or others.
175. Common people may not be so common. Many of us have a good friend that is more interesting and intelligent than anyone rich or famous that we know.
176. It is a big mistake in relationships to hold back emotionally for fear of hurt. This limits the amount of love that can be shared.
177. Total fulfillment and invulnerability cannot come in relationships unless one is willing to share all and become emotionally vulnerable.
178. Average people only embrace truth that agrees with their dogma and hate the rest. An enlightened mind embraces all truth that crosses his path.
179. People either love truth and hate deceit or love deceit and hate truth.
180. Harmony in the Mind, Peace in the Heart, and Strength in Numbers
181. Many animals are more human than some humans and a few of both make the angels smile.
182. True love means you know your companion will be there for you.
183. If you have not yet shouted with the greatest joy as well as cried with the deepest sorrow you are far from finished on the path of life.
184. Some people talk of a benevolent dictatorship. There is no such thing.
185. Quit seeing the worst in what people say and give them the benefit of the doubt.
186. To correctly assess your place on the spiritual path is a great accomplishment. Then you can see the next step to be taken.
187. Five Things to do today:
(1) Learn something new.
(2) Tell someone you love them
(3) Give someone honest praise.
(4) Go beyond expectations of being helpful
(5) Bring a smile on someone’s face.
188. Five Things to quit
- Posting mean-spirited and distorted political attacks on Facebook to half your friends who do not agree with you and do not want to hear them. It’s not so bad posting positive support for your candidate, but stay away from insulting our intelligence. Move to a political forum where you will be welcomed.2. Asking for likes. If your post is good we’ll give you a like without being asked.
- Name calling. It makes you look mean spirited and doesn’t help your case.
- Quit taking yourself and what people say seriously. No one is out to get you.
- Quit paying attention to what the tofu crowd says is politically correct. Say what you think, when you want and how much you want. Let the chips fall where they may. Enjoy the fallout.
189. I know it’s fun to talk about theory and ideas that we can never prove true or false in this physical reality, but the time comes in the lives of all seekers where practical work and progress must be made. Such work must be demonstrated in the eyes of all, believers and non-believers.
190. When one puts attention on seeing that which is true, instead of false, he is taking the inner right-hand path. His attention on that which is true moves him in the direction of this path and pushes him forward to truth after truth, greater light after greater light.
191. The Eternal Now is not simple timelessness as many teach, but an eternal consciousness that is behind time creation and selection.
192. Plant a seed of helpfulness that will grow and light the way to full realization of love. Unless this happens the seeker is in danger of substituting selfish desire for a spiritual love once sensed.
193. You either make decisions that create your life, or someone else does it for you.
194. The Quest
To find the best glass of wine
To find the best cup of coffee
To find the best slice of cheese
To find the best life companion
To find the best of friends
To find the highest truth
To help the greatest number of people
To have the best of times
To maintain a clear conscience
To die with a smile on your face
195. Seeing the Future
The spiritual student looks at true cause and effect and sees future effect as if it were in the present. He thus works to solve future problems with as much energy as current problems. The beginning student only lives in the past and present. He is incapable of seeing the future as part of the eternal now. In his consciousness it is as if the future will never come. This person will be more concerned about losing $5 today then the possible loss of everything he owns several years from now. He will be more concerned about his $10 increase in social security check now than the possible bankruptcy of the entire system 20 years hence. He will be more concerned about a little pleasure now than of a lot of pain down the road.
196. Those who cannot share or enjoy the happiness and achievement of others will neither achieve themselves nor will they find happiness.
197. You can change the name of good and evil, but you will still wind up talking about good and evil, just using a different terminology.
198. Inner spiritual contact is essential to the working disciple, else he may wind up receiving illusionary teachings and leading others down a path from which retracing steps will be required.
199. To be a good student takes as much wisdom as it does to be a good teacher.
200. The reward for your selfless service is sight, and, as you see the path ahead, your heart is filled with joy; for that which you see is not what you imagined, but more than you imagined.
201. Commandments – Modern Version
- Don’t take yourself so seriously
- Extend friendship to all.
- Justify your existence. Just don’t sit there; Do something constructive.
- Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way.
- Don’t be a burden on your parents or friends. Get a job and a place of your own.
- Don’t take the names of your friends in vain.
- NEVER even hint that any female is overweight.
- Realize that free stuff is not free.
- Just be nice.
- Don’t murder, lie, steal, rape, pillage etc still stands.
202. There is one space yet innumerable stars manifesting in it. Correspondingly, there is one God manifesting many lives, including you and me.
203. Does it mean the world is insane if you do the same thing over and get different results?
204. To accept an outside source as true without running it by one’s own mind and soul is to receive the mark of the beast.
205. No earthly teacher is flawless
206. One of the important teachings of the approaching age will be the restoration of knowledge of the power of female energy, for it is as mysterious as gravity; no form can be held together without it.
207. Wise questions force the mind and heart to reflect on the soul.
208. The exchange of true principles, not just words or data, is the language of the soul.
209. Since you are in the image of God then whatever God can do, you can do. Nothing is impossible.
210. Anything that is true does not defy rational understanding but manifests it. What are called miracles are very rational once they are understood.
211. You can’t become happy by focusing on that which makes you miserable.
212. To solve the problem of duality we must first discern and understand the two opposing sides in all things, whether it be male/female, good/evil, positive/negative, spiritual/material or conservative/liberal.
213. Yes, smell the roses, but also see the roses, feel them, love and appreciate them.
214. Look within. Feel the Christ Center in the core of being speak the words ever so softly: If you do not act who will? And if you do not participate in the role you feel gently pushed towards, perhaps the part will not be taken and the curtain will not raise on the grand play of the ages. Perhaps the responsibility of the future rests upon your shoulders… Perhaps.
215. Truth shatters illusions and belief systems. This is why those who are attached to their own beliefs will hate a true messenger as well as the message.
216. To be born again is to drop all preconceived notions planted by the traditions of men, and see the world anew, as if through the eyes of a child.
217. Knowledge becomes yours when it is applied in the fires of life.
218. When a person looks for evidence of his belief with a desire to find it, he will find what he is looking for. Even if the evidence supports a falsehood the seeker will believe it until he drops his preconceived notions and looks with fresh eyes for undistorted truth no matter where it takes him.
219. When we learn to stay focused in the light while a negative force is pulling us back, with negative people and circumstances trying to distract us, then we finally reach a point where we have earned the right to stay permanently on our next plateau of consciousness.
220. Using feeling alone to find truth is like one hand clapping. Mind and heart are the two necessary hands.
221. How to Find Happiness
- Don’t look for it.
- Do not expect it.
- Do not see it as important.
- Make others feel happy with your presence.
222. How to Find Love
- Don’t look for it.
- Do not expect it.
- Do not see it as important.
- Offer love and friendship to all.
223. Anyone can be the soul mate of another if both drop all barriers that separate and see the true spiritual being.
224. To laugh at the flaws or weaknesses of another is mean, but to laugh at your own follies is divine and will recharge your energies.
225. Deep Question:
Why are you, you and not someone else?
226. Those overly stressed out because of this election do not know what real stress is.
227. The more you let others do for you what you can do for yourself, the more chaos and seemingly bad luck will enter in.
228. In eons hence, when our purpose in form is fulfilled, we will look back on our history and see that the dualities of good and evil, light and dark were but guides that led us to a glorious peace between the great eternities.
229. A soul caught up in a dark fog of illusion will feel his way forwards rather than seeing the path with true vision. Thus we have some decide by emotion and others through the light of reason.
230. Contrasting the light and the dark is essential to seeing what is the true light and the dark. Without doing this a group may seem united, but that oneness may wind up being in darkness rather than light.
231. You create destiny when you master circumstances so that they will reach the desired end through your sustained will.
232. Focused thought is all powerful and can remove all barriers or manifest any constructive idea.
233. Most people attend to small things in their life of little importance instead of pursuing important decisions with lasting impact. By my Wife – Artie Dewey
234. It is human tendency to choose the easy way and just desire to be told answers by some authority instead of being forced to reflect upon our own souls.
235. An initiate is one who initiates. He or she will desire to do more than repeat the past, but to participate in creating the new and the beautiful.
236. He who seeks freedom at the expense of another is only building prison walls that will enslave him.
237. An increase of freedom brings a temporary increase of both good and evil, but as the people choose truth over error that which is good will surface, be understood and dominate.
238. An accuser and name caller is, more often than not, merely looking in a mirror and describing himself.
239. Understanding how the two sides view freedom and how to make the choice that does not enslave is to take the first great step upon the path of liberation.
240. Thanksgiving Recipe
Use the main ingredient of a thankful heart filled with gratitude. Stuff it with love for all of humanity with side dishes of tolerance, empathy, cooperation, optimism and an open mind.
241. Those who say the path of achievement is effortless are entirely wrong. Standing still is effortless. True progress takes a tremendous struggle – there is no other way.
242. Progress is made in proportion to the amount of freedom allotted to the group or individual. With few exceptions, the restriction of freedom for the one brings restriction of success for the many.
243. Falling in love is the closest thing most mortals have that relates to a direct experience with God.
244. Limits are boundaries set by consciousness. Transcend that state of consciousness and the universe belongs to you.
245. One must have enough empathy to relate to the suffering in the world, but keep enough detachment to avoid madness.
246. God has exploded his intelligence into a Big Bang of a puzzle to amuse Himself and is challenged to the very core in putting all the pieces together in a way that makes sense.
247. The Word is God
The Word = Sound
Sound = Vibration
Vibration is created from wavelengths
That which moved to create the first wavelength is the Great Mystery.
248. If dark forces can control people and take away the logic of their thinking with projected good intentions, then they can also manipulate the individual with selfishness when the opportunity arises.
249. If reality disagrees with your opinion then change your opinion.
250. The seeker must learn to perceive truth through the eyes of the soul, not through the eyes of the outer group where perception is often distorted.
251. Steps to liberation
- Pure intent
- Correct perception of truth.
- Freedom and power to act on that truth.
252. Though it is human to desire the perfect and the strong, the best among us will often stop to help the bird with the broken wing over the one that can easily fly.
253. You know you have lived the good life when:
- You have fallen crazy in love at least once.
- You have three or more friends you like and trust.
- You have work to do that you love.
- You have a clear conscience.
- You have learned to make good use of your time.
- Group think does not control you.
- There are ten or more people who are grateful you were born.
- You have taken three or more major gambles in life and come out on top on at least one of them.
- Most people like you.
- You know how to have a good time.
- You apply the rules of good physical and mental health.
- You consistently seek to learn new things.
254. A smile gives the receiver a glimpse into the soul.
255. Perception gives us data
Mind, organizing data, gives us understanding
Reflection on what is understood yields Truth.
Applying truth through the light of the soul manifests Wisdom.
256. If a light is slowly dimmed to 50% strength and then is instantly turned up to full strength, the person is startled as to the intensity. He had no idea he was missing so much light. Even so, with spiritual light. We are often not aware when we are losing it. The struggle for fullness of light, like freedom, requires eternal vigilance.
257. What good is it if we have light but keep it under a bushel? The bushel is composed of fear, inertia, ego, lack of confidence and dependence on unjust authority. Let us remove the covering and keep this a land of the ever present sun, in season and out of season.
258. When one places focused and consistent attention on the goal or creative effort an invisible magnetic power is generated that pulls together the elements necessary for success that goes beyond the power of individual action.
259. Do not give up your power of independent thought to any group, book, guru, prophet or master.
260. We complain about leaders of both parties yet they reflect the inward reality of our own thoughts. If we elevate our thoughts as a people we will draw to ourselves leadership that will inspire us.
261. He who seeks to know the truth but doesn’t tell the truth will never be the truth, or a light to the world.
262. Telling the truth takes wisdom, for there are many distortions in everyday conversation and media that must be discerned and not passed on.
263. An illustration of the One and the Many is the guitar string. When it is stationary we see only one string, but as soon as you pluck it, there is immediately produced the illusion of three strings. There appears to be three strings until the vibration ends. Then we see one string again. So also it is with God, the One, The Trinity and the Many. We are all linked to the one Sound or Word. The eternal cycle is the One becomes the Many and the Many become the One.
264. THE SONG OF THE 144,000
We thank you Father
that you have revealed to us
your protective universal light;
That within this light
is complete protection
from all destructive forces;
That the Holy Spirit of Your Presence
permeates us in this light,
and wherever we will the light to descend.
We thank you Father
that you fill us with your
protective fires of Love;
That within this love
is complete protection
from all destructive
thoughts and feelings;
That the consciousness of Christ
is lifted up in us in this love,
and wherever we will
the love to be enflamed.
We thank you Father
that you are in us
and we are in you;
That through us
Your Will is sent forth
on wings of power;
That Your Purpose
is accomplished on earth
as it is in heaven;
That through us
Your Light and Love and Power
is manifest to all
the Sons and Daughters of Mankind.
265. Song of Eternal Life
I thank you Father-Mother-Spirit
For the energy of life which streams
From Universal Source to me
For the life that circulates through each atom and cell
Permeating my entire body and mind
Bringing health and vitality to all my living parts.
I bask in this life
I feel the life
I am the life
The life which knows not corruption
The life which makes all things new
The life which always IS.
I feel the life from my toes to the top of my head
And give thanks for its abundance.
I praise, and love my body and all of its parts
For receiving this Life and Spirit and Source.
I praise body, mind, soul & spirit
For receiving without ceasing.
266. Avatar of Synthesis Invocation
From the center where the Will of God is known,
let Purpose guide the little wills of men.
Let the One Great Life manifest Its Purpose
and send forth Its Avatar.
Let this Master of Purpose come forth
and amplify our wills to synthesize them
with his own, giving us power to serve.
Let the Avatar of Synthesis manifest
to the group of which I am a part.
That we may prepare the earth
for the Lords of Light and Love.
Let Will and Power and Purpose
manifest the Christ on earth.
I am one with my fellow travelers.
All that I have is theirs.
I am one with Christ and all Divine Beings.
All that they have is mine.
I am one with the Creator of all there is
And from this point burst forth as a Sun
To share light, love and power to serve
With those who have forgotten their Source.
268. As Siddhartha Gautama, who became the Buddha, sat under the Bodhi Tree near starvation, seeking enlightenment, he heard some singing; the words he heard are said to be something like this:
If you tune the strings of a harp too tight,
the sound will not be right.
If the strings are too slack as they play,
a beautiful sound will not be made.
Neither too tight nor too limp shall be the strings,
If the player is to be worthy of kings.
The tension must be tuned by the ear
To fill the soul of all who hear.
When he heard these words, a light turned on in his mind. He realized that the first part of his life, where he dwelt in luxury, was likened unto a string too loose. The second part of his life, where he sought nirvana through starvation and austerity, was as a string too tight.
The vision of the true Middle Way flashed into his mind.
It is not what you think.
269. If you follow the highest you know there will come a time when you will be visited by a Presence, either visible or invisible. It will come at a time that you least expect it and a time when perhaps you feel the least prepared
spiritually, but it will come.
To dream and wish for the experience will only delay the happening. But if you take the highest you know and go forward in the vineyard of the Master and serve with no end in sight, in season and out of season, in good times and bad. If you serve with love in the dark of night with the same strength as in the light of day, if you continue with loving service through the fiery darts of hate, malice and betrayal and above all if it appears that even your Master and your God seem to completely ignore you as if you do not exist… Through all this you will continue to serve with the highest you know. You continue even if God himself seems to be your enemy putting every obstacle possible in your path and laughing at you as you stumble and fall. You rise up and continue. The time comes that it will not seem to matter to you any more if friends, God or the Masters approve of you or not. It matters not if you are some great chosen one or are looked upon by the Master as the least and most needy of the brethren. You will now serve for the sake of selfless love alone because the need is out there and you sense the need. When this stage is reached in your being one of the Great Ones will take notice and speak: “Behold, the servant! He has become as one of us. Let us invite him into the circle of higher friendship, brotherhood and service.”
But even here the invitation comes not as you expected. All your expectations are shattered and soon replaced by newer ones and the groping in the dark is replaced by walking the path with vision. The reward for your selfless service is sight and as you see the path ahead your heart is filled with joy for that which you see is not what you imagined, but more than you imagined.
270. Imagination precedes reality, so imagine well.
271. When every day is the spirit of Christmas…
That is the threshold that will create peace on earth.
272. When the student is ready the teacher will appear. Therefore, focus on getting ready rather than just thinking one is ready. Find your next step.
273. Even the words of a great book, such as the Bible, can create a prison if they are not interpreted with a loving heart and discerned through eyes in tune with Spirit.
274. A prison of walls and chains is a terrible thing, but worse still is being a prisoner of your own thoughts and beliefs while thinking you are free. Unless the person wakes up there is no escape.
275. He who learns and applies keeps the knowledge. He who does not apply must learn again and again: “Ever learning and never coming to a knowledge of the truth.”
276. You find what you are looking for, whether it be good or evil, the true or the false, freedom or slavery.
277. The Universal Mind craves experience, and as it contemplates in its various energy states, it sees all possibilities. Each possibility is an extension of Itself, created in Its own image and becomes a point in the Universal Life. You are one of these.
278. Thoughts are powerful creators. If you expect good things to happen this year you are ten steps ahead of the guy expecting doom, or who thinks circumstances or the world is against him.
279. The road to perfection is paved with many experiments and mistakes. The ability to move onward after failure is a great virtue.
280. When the seeker says he has found the ultimate feeling, bliss, or God Presence, he knows not that he is only at the beginning of his journey. No matter how high the consciousness, bliss or joy, the seeker adjusts to it and eventually becomes ready for more. When he is ready, the more will come, worlds without end.
281. If you limit yourself to learning exactly according to the mindset of a teacher, you will also inherit his flaws.
282. There are two types of people. Those who are paralyzed by their fears and those who paralyze their fears and move forward as if they did not exist. The choice is always before us.
283. The false authority is he who cannot demonstrate the truth of that which he claims to teach or practice.
284. No one puts energy into an endeavor unless there is something in it for them. Even of Jesus it was written, “who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross.” Heb 12:2
285. The only thing that does not change is the principle of change and the prime eternal law that governs this is cause and effect. The principles that govern this are formless and eternal, but even they are involved in the creation of change.
286. Guilt is pain caused by the worship of an artificial outer God or authority. True correction comes from inner vision directed by spiritual love.
287. Do not shoot the messenger or seek to destroy the message. The truth will prevail in the end no matter what you do.
288. Just as gold must pass through the refiner’s fire before it reaches its highest purity and value, even so must the disciple pass through every obstacle that can be thrown in his way on the path of service.
289. Most pain and disease has its root cause in resistance to taking the next harmless step in spiritual progression. Find out what that next step is, and take it; then a quantum of life energy will be released to circulate and heal your entire being.
290. The successful person must not only realize that common mistakes will happen, but must be prepared to handle acts of great stupidity and incompetence.
291. If you want to make your problems seem smaller, make your perspective bigger. (Artie Dewey)
292. An important key to spiritual progression is to make sure that every word you speak is true to the best of your knowledge. You do not have to reveal all you know, but what you do reveal should be true.
293. We often think we are creating cause when we are merely an effect of a greater Cause or Purpose. The quest is to find that Purpose and the spiritual reality wherein it resides.
294. True giving is like putting money in the bank gaining interest. You may withdraw at the right time and give again with greater power.
295. The pure in heart may veer some to the left or the right as they tread the straight and narrow path, yet will stay on the path because they are true to their highest light.
296. The swinging of the pendulum manifests among humanity by their swing to the left and right in their belief systems. As the pendulum swings among us, the masses swing with it, not realizing that they are following the energy much more than they are doing any independent thinking.
297. Many who believe in reincarnation say there is no hell. But what if you were reborn into North Korea? Would you not consider such a life as hell? What if you had to live most of your life as a paraplegic or a starving person in the third world? Indeed there are many hells right here before our eyes. This should give us incentive to live a productive life of service.
298. If a person’s conclusion is based on how he feels then the purest of reason pointing the opposite direction will have no effect.
299. We as individuals must become linked up as part of an eternal chain or vine where each of us reach out and grab another by the hand and take him or her with us.
300. Imagination stirs energy at subtle levels that can distill on to the physical plane if the focus is sustained.
301. Study your life to see where events are leading you so you can correctly anticipate and prepare for your future.
302. Unless one places consistent attention on staying in harmony with his highest inner source there will be spiritual amnesia and every communication will have some deception in it.
303. That which we were, always was
That which we are, will always be.
Even though location changes eternally.
304. Isn’t it interesting that the biggest problems we seem to have today are in finding the best pillow, the best designed shirt or best cooking utensil? Yet we march in the streets complaining at the drop of a hat. It is the best of times, but certainly not worst of times.
305. A broken promise is serious because it is a breaking of the will, your will. You have willed to do a thing and your will was broken by the only person who can break it, yourself.
306. That point at which one feels the most confident and self assured is the point of the greatest danger of retrogression.
307. It is most important that when we make a commitment and we are aware of such commitment, that we do all in our power to be true to our word. If we do this consistently then our vibration moves in harmony with the vibration of Spirit, which is truth, and the door to higher contact opens wide.
308. To heal others you must heal yourself, to inspire others you must elevate your own thoughts, to see the good in others forgive yourself.
309. Worry, fear and inertia are the three great enemies for the seeker. They must be overcome through the focused attention of the will toward the peace of the inner Spirit.
310. The idea that truth is relative is illusion. Only perception of truth is relative, but truth itself is always true. That which is true cannot change to that which is not true.
311. When the seeker learns to be true to his word the Word within will be known, and the Word will be made flesh in him.
312. Many speak when they should be silent and are silent when they should speak. Others speak too often using many words when few would suffice. Quality and timing of speech or of silence are a mark of wisdom.
313. Perfection needs an imperfect world in order to manifest.
314. The undiscovered country lies within our own souls. Seek and find unlimited gifts.
315. When people recognize you have authority they will immediately give you power, but if they see that you have power, but with no authority, many will seek to take the power to themselves.
316. Freedom of action for the lawless and violent few must be restricted by law to insure the greatest possible freedom of speech and action for the many.
317. Too much speech suppresses hearing that which is needed. Too much silence prevents giving out the Words of Life. The master soul balances all polarities.
318. The light in you is the same as the light in Christ. Focus, therefore, on the highest you know and be a light to others causing them to thank God for what they receive.
319. We see through a glass darkly to comprehend the universal laws that must be realized to save us from ourselves. Grant us, oh Lord of Hosts, that our vision be clarified.
320. When we awaken from a dream we have a greater awareness than when in the dream. We are now in the dream world of the soul, and when awakened after death, we will make a similar leap in consciousness.
321. Many truths are hidden in plain sight, the last place many of us are willing to look.
322. There is no such thing as unconscious thought. Thought only springs from consciousness.
323. The tendency of the many is to lean increasingly with age upon that which has been embraced in the past rather than considering the new which may lead to greater light, life and fulfillment.
324. We make our own reality within the limits of our own consciousness. Beyond that limit reality is determined by intelligence far beyond our own.
325. Words draw powerful forces that can destroy, build or protect. Choose them carefully.
326. A true disciple is one who disciplines himself and uses the power of will to focus on the light until truth is revealed.
327. The most harmless path often involves breaking a few eggs. The most loving one will sometimes hurt feelings and the most helpful may draw complaints that you are getting in the way.
328. Be aware of your past, but do not turn around and focus there. Look forward and always move on into the greater light ahead.
329. You have an earthly family and a spiritual one. When you meet a spiritual brother or sister you will feel like you have taken one more step to arriving at your true home.
330. Much can be written about the Divine Will, but it is not understood until it is touched.
331. An expansion of consciousness occurs when the seeker focuses on the good of the group, or the whole, above the separated self.
332. If the seeker wants a true answer to a petition to a Higher Intelligence then he must ask with more in mind than a benefit to his separated self. The answer must provide a benefit to the many, not just the one.
333. Seekers complain of loneliness and the dark night of the soul. Both are illusions. You are never alone and the inner light is ever shining bright to those who look.
334. Consider the messages of life. The vegetable kingdom is happy in feeling the life of God. Animals are happy seeking it and the birds are happy expressing it in their flight. Fulfilled humans possess all these qualities.
335. As the seeker may be painfully struggling through a crisis, his own soul may be experiencing joy in heaven over the foreseen positive outcome.
336. We mercifully forget our dreams shortly after waking. It would drive us crazy to have them circulating through our minds during the day. Similarly, we forget our past lives shortly after birth which allows us to focus in the present.
337. Silence, space and stillness are not what they seem. In silence you can hear, in space there is energy and in stillness there is activation of all creation.
338. As the seeker moves forward on the path of liberation the light ahead becomes brighter and his power to move stronger as he assists those behind him. But if he fails to assist, then the path ahead is darkened and his strength evaporates. He becomes lost while another dedicated to serve takes his place.
339. “Love sets my tone, light is my vision, reason is my guide and higher purpose motivates me,” says the true servant on the Path.
340. Signs of an Old Soul
- Does not hear in black and white but correctly interprets between the lines.
- Looks at evidence on both sides of a controversial situation
- Questions most everything, including settled science, settled politics, settled religions etc.
- Makes productive use of time and wastes it not.
- Will have a reservoir of original ideas.
- Will generally give more than receives.
- People seeking help will be drawn to him or her.
- This soul will not retaliate in kind no matter how great the insult.
- Rather than attack those in error this soul sheds light on the problem.
- The old soul puts much more weight on that which is verified from within than expressed by authorities without.
- Has a history of correctly perceiving truth rather than illusion.
- There is life in his words and love in his actions.
341. Consistency in the dark or the light, in peace or during the storm, while enduring hate or basking in adoration is the quality looked for by those who watch.
342. Most realize that we gain through painful experience, but unappreciated is that we also gain through joyful activities and associations. The problem is the tendency to feel we deserve the pain, but are unworthy of happiness. This illusion must be dispelled. Joyousness is our birthright.
343. When reborn in a future life you will lose all data to your conscious mind, but you will take with you all gained intelligence, wisdom and understanding of principles. Indeed, Solomon spoke wisely: “Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.” Proverbs 4:7
344. To see you must look, to hear you must listen and to feel you must reach out and touch. Many who complain of no spiritual experiences have not done these things.
345. Some people can be happy in the rain, others miserable in the sunshine – like the old adage says: “People are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.”
346. You Be May Risking the Dark Side IF:
(1) You are willing to deceive at the drop of a hat to get what you want.
(2) You will enter a state of denying wrongdoing when your controversial acts are brought to light.
(3) You accuse the innocent of wrongdoing
(4) You support taking away the freedom of the many to support a power base for the few.
(5) You are willing to manipulate law, authority and regulation to enforce your ideal of what is righteous.
(6) You support lawlessness and violence to get what you want.
(7) You present yourself as in harmony with those who you want to forcibly change.
347. If one has a false foundational belief then even the finest logic will be flawed and destroy that which is real, or true. To find the real one must build on a foundation of truth.
348. Chances Are You Are Headed for the Straight and Narrow Path IF:
(1) You contemplate the will of God and try to manifest it.
(2) You look beyond obnoxious personality traits to see the Christ within others.
(3) You are motivated by love of others above love of the material self.
(4) You attempt to give more than you receive.
(5) You attempt to be as harmless as a dove and wise as a serpent.
(6) You thirst after light, love and knowledge.
(7) You are an example of goodwill to all.If one has a false foundational belief then even the finest logic will be flawed and destroy that which is real, or true. To find the real one must build on a foundation of truth.
349. Energy follows thought. Thought follows directed intelligence. Intelligence follows light. Light follows our Source to God.
350. It is interesting how happy people look when they are in motion, exercising, dancing or playing. Then when the mind is in creative motion the same thing happens on a higher level. Perhaps we could say that happiness is life in forward motion.
351. The only way to harmonize with the Word, which is pure Truth, is to become the truth ourselves. When all the words we speak are words of truth, and promises which come true, then the barrier between man and God evaporates.
352. Light is something, darkness is no thing; light is manifestation, darkness is unmanifest; light reveals, darkness hides. Eternity is the recycling of these two.
353. Dedicate a space you occupy most often while in thought or reflection. It could be an easy chair, the place where you sit at the computer or even a bare floor. That space can then become holy to you so when you occupy it, your mind will be at peace, as if in a temple of the Most High.
354. When we have the choice to find the truth of a thing then we must find that truth or take a step backwards into darkness.
355. You know you are a reasonable person if:
- You do not dismiss facts that disagree with your belief system.
- You do not distort reality, as it has actually transpired, to support your belief system.
- Your beliefs have evidence or good logic to back them up.
- You are willing to consider that many of your beliefs are incorrect.
- When someone disagrees with a cherished belief you respond with calm reason making no personal attack.
- You seek to understand the other person’s argument when he disagrees with you.
- You will not assume something is true because of anecdotal evidence.
- You’ve read material on both sides of various issues and beliefs.
- When referring to a point of argument you quote it accurately, as it was intended to be understood.
- You realize that most people agreeing on something, even within your chosen group, does not make it true.
356. When the seeker fulfills outer responsibilities and creates a rhythm so energy is not wasted there is an inner reflection where focus on the light becomes easier and natural causing a subtle rise in consciousness.
357. Change is coming to your life. It will either come from past causes beyond your control, or decisions that guide you in the Present. Take charge now; make a decision and act upon it.
358. When the power of Attention is one with the Purpose of God all things are possible and the magical power of the soul is manifest.
359. It is important to realize that many are happy with the level of truth they have attained. If someone presents to them a greater light than they are ready for, it will be like a great light in a dark room and a painful experience for them. They will often fight against it.
360. Only the weak who lack reasoning ability and a center of truth demand censorship or restrictions on freedom of speech for others.
361. As the seeker unveils truth after truth he enters a lonely realm, leaving many friends behind who cannot see through his eyes. Then at that moment where he seems alone in the universe a door is open and he is engulfed by a multitude of new friends of celestial presence, invisible to carnal eyes. He never feels alone again.
362. The greatest hell is to have nothing new to create. Hell is creating that which has been over and over until boredom becomes so great that the life force flatlines.
363. Oneness through understanding and free will is divine; whereas oneness forced through authority is a source of great evil.
364. That which is done can be undone, that which is destroyed can be made anew and dreams which have never been, can be.
365. Sooner or later each person’s belief will come in conflict with maximum freedom for all. The choice will be more freedom for the whole, involving some sacrifice, or less freedom and a temporary free lunch at another’s involuntary expense.
366. Two groups may have similar goals and be of similar quality, yet both destroy their effectiveness because of attempts to establish superiority for ego’s sake. So much more could be accomplished if they worked together on points of agreement.
367. Be not discouraged by the difficulty in bringing light to the world. A small seed properly planted and generously nourished can multiply a hundred, a thousand or a million fold in short order. Therefore, plant what you can in good ground, nourish with love and stimulate with light.
368. Beauty, intelligence and spirituality are all judgments of the mind, but without such judgments we would be a savage lot.
369. Many there are who claim to be great ones, or speak for God, but have done nothing more than restate teachings of others while adding no new principles.
370. Emotions are not to be denied or suppressed but communicated with as much honesty and harmlessness as possible, else many physical and emotional problems will occur.
371. When you find the good, the beautiful and the true in others you can then find it in yourself.
372. There are degrees of freedom just as there are degrees of consciousness. He who discovers the inner spiritual world opens the door to a greater realm of choices.
373. Most people can be manipulated by pressing emotional buttons. The few decide for themselves even when unjustly attacked or insulted.
374. When humanity is finally governed by the principle of goodwill to all, we will have arrived at the greatest advance in life since consciousness itself.
375. That which is most feared, and avoided like the plague, is the truth.
376. People of goodwill often feel powerless, as if they are having no effect. This is not the case. A good seed grows and a bad one does not. Plant 1000 bad seeds and one good one, then, after a period of time, the only one that multiplied is the good – a hundred, one million and one billion fold.
377. The fool believes what he wants, ignoring the facts, the ideologue rejects obvious truth, but the true seeker accepts truth as shining gems that light his way to paradise.
378. Blessed are they who make others aware of the unseen sun behind the clouds, of the goodwill in the hearts of the many and that peace on earth is in our future.
379. It is a natural tendency to rest after achieving a difficult goal. An error made by many is to rest for too long. The problem becomes devastating for progress when the rest continues without end.
380. Adjust consciousness to the truth instead of distorting reality to a mindset.
381. Attention must be placed, not on the body, but the life within the body; not on stone temples, but on building living relationships, not on the forms of the world, but the divine intelligence that creates them.
382. Hate and anger as well as love and goodwill are contagious. Let us therefore infect all we contact with the positive emotions and let the negative die through lack of attention.
383. You are in the right place at the right time so focus on the right decision.
384. A great mind will listen to all, great and small, but does not let outward pressure force upon him careless decisions. His prime guidance will be from his own mind, heart and soul, no matter how loud the outer voices may be.
385. The majority seek peace and goodwill, but a minority desiring power bring hate and destruction. It is time for the many who are reasonable to control the few who are not.
386. The wise student (or one who is truly learning) does not see himself as on a lower level than the teacher. Instead, he sees himself as a fellow traveler who is progressing to a higher level.
387. As the seeker progresses, he moves away from outer material controls and subjects himself to inner spiritual ones. The one with no control, high or low, is lost.
388. Three things turn words from fading vibration into words of power. First, they must be spoken with purpose and understanding. Second, the speaker sends them forth riding on the power of his will. Finally, he must perform whatever action is necessary to see them manifested.
389. To give credit to God for all good things is right and good. However, it is a slothful servant who turns over to God things he should be doing himself.
390. People come into our lives because their consciousness shares a certain note with our own.
391. A thousand mile journey begins
Not with the first step
But with the thought, the intent
The first step is inclined
By a journey out of sight
Ten thousand miles of light
In the mind.
392. To see no evil when evil is opening the door, committing violence and shutting down free speech, creates a darkening that will blind the eyes to new vistas of light and love.
393. Every virtue must be applied with good judgment else it will turn into a vice.
394. The beginning of the quest for spiritual liberation did not begin in some ancient past, but right here, right now. It is only in the present where the next step must be taken.
395. Anyone can claim revelation by giving data that could be easily supplied by the imagination. What the false prophet cannot do is enhance true principles and give out consistent words of wisdom.
396. To be unchanging is good if it is referring to reliability, but evil if it implies doing the same thing over and over which leads to eternal boredom and death. Even God says: “I make all things new.” Rev 21:5
397. Through united activity strength is multiplied. Add union of emotional support and power is multiplied again. Even greater multipliers are union through love, understanding and reason. When to these are added union through spiritual vision all things become possible, even if the numbers are small.
398. If productive service to humanity conflicts with a belief, then let the seeker alter that belief, not the service.
399. There are always two paths before us; one is always higher than the other, but sometimes the choice is not clear. Choose well and reflect. If your choice is in error make corrections and choose again.
400. Only make promises you can keep. The key to this is to look at the worst-case scenario and ask yourself: “If this occurs, can I keep my word?”
401. Recognizing failure and correcting it often produces more progress in the life of the soul than attempting to take a giant leap forward into the light.
402. “I love you,” said the soul as it looked upon the soul of the adorable one as well as the despised.
403. There are three types of people on the planet. Those who seek to expand human freedom and work actively toward this. Those who are willing to restrict freedom to advance their beliefs, and, finally, neutral ones who proclaim freedom and peace but refuse to engage in the struggle that is required.
404. A little of something being good doesn’t mean a lot is better.
405. Be inclusive rather than exclusive, unite rather than divide and accept rather than reject whenever wisdom allows.
406. Serving self for the purpose of self is the dark path, but taking care of self to maintain vital strength to serve is the path of light.
407. To diminish freedom of innocent people so that good may come is illusion and the foundation of great evil.
408. We pray for many things of which we are not willing to pay the price. No wonder the heavens seem to be sealed.
409. Truth is distorted by attachments to illusions that must be dispelled before it can be clearly seen.
410. Those who try to be neutral in the face of aggression are not neutral at all but lend power to the aggressor.
411. There is no one else like you, there is no other day like today and never before an opportunity as is now set before you.
412. The soul is the dream of God and we are the dreams of the soul.
413. Each life that manifests here does so in the hope of Becoming that which it has never been, but without the loss of that which has forever been.
414. In the past age great lives have taught the world by sacrifice even to death and Imprisonment. In this age the keynote will be to teach the world through their creative and inspiring lives.
415. Without duality there can be no love. There can be no love unless there is two or more of something. One of the great purposes that God created the universe was so love could become manifest. If God had not created us there would be nothing to love.
416. It is only after we have done all we can do that we can expect Divine help to assist us to the next level.
417. Many disciples in the world are looking for a revelation leading to shutting the door to evil, opening the door to the new age of peace and plenty, while ignoring inspired steps already revealed. The first step on the ladder must be taken before the third or the fourth.
418. A grand key to freedom is self-sufficiency. The more you depend on other people, groups and government the more power you give away. Therefore, take control of your physical needs, your health and your destiny. When you remove yourself from those who can command you against your will, the path to happiness and freedom become open.
419. You learn to do by doing, to think by thinking and to love by loving.
420. Many highly educated people are not as good at getting truth from data available as the average construction worker.
421. The natural and eternal interplay of cause and effect creates light, and light is the foundation of all life, intelligence, gods, angels as well as physical life.
422. Time is a measure of motion. Motion is a quality of form. Form is created by thought. Thought is a manifestation of light and light leads us back to our Source.
423. Idealistic peaceful and loving thoughts will not counter a definite physical aggression against the innocent with intent to diminish freedom. Such force must be met with greater force until the door where evil dwells is shut and sealed.
424. People fear taking risks, but the greatest risk is to fear them too much.
425. When the many say “do not” that is the time to do; when they rush forward is then time to pause and reflect. When they all agree is the time to question.
426. Humanity stumbles along and finds indications of truth here and there but remains largely in the dark. But when it puts those pieces together and begins to see the whole picture the world will be transformed with light.
427. There are no limits to consciousness unless you think there is.
428. There are the many who plan their lives as if present conditions will continue indefinitely, and the few who weigh the influences on the horizon and adjust their lives accordingly.
429. A falsehood is repeated many times to trick the sleeping masses into acceptance. Truth only needs to be spoken once to the soul of one who is awake and listening.
430. Many with good intentions inadvertently support darkness rather than light, slavery instead of freedom and destruction over creation.
431. Seek as if there is infinite knowledge, work as if the world depends on you and love as if there are no limits to what you can give.
432. A true friend is one that will not complain if you wake him up at 3 AM with a problem.
433. It often seems that we as individuals have little power until it is realized how few use the individual power we have. The individual has great power when moving forward with confidence.
434. As a parent you expect your children to obey your commands, largely for their own safety. When they mature you no longer give commands but expect them through their own initiative to overcome life’s obstacles to joyful living – just as our Father/Mother God, does with us.
435. The truth can make you free, but if it is rejected when staring you in the face the bonds of slavery are made strong.
436. Every once in a while you meet someone who vibrates harmoniously with an inner chord in your breast. Make this person a part of your life.
437. One looks at a flower and sees a flower. Another looks and sees unfathomable beauty.
The master of wisdom contemplates and sees a divine creation holding the secrets of the universe.
438. Focused thought in the few is powerful, but in the many it is unstoppable.
439. We live in an age of hypocrisy. The loudest voices for peace are often the most destructive. Many who proclaim love have a seething hatred of those with a different view. Those who clamor for equality often support division and favors. It is time to remind ourselves to practice what we preach.
440. Be still and know that God is in you.
Be silent and hear Her voice.
Be willing and do His will.
441. The degree of happiness attained is largely determined by the depth of oneness shared with other individuals as well as your own soul.
442. Let your light shine from the internal fire and embrace the burning with joy.
443. Without someone to see them; there would be no stars.
444. If a truth, sincerely presented, offends, then the problem is with the receiver, not the messenger.
445. Good dominates where there is freedom, openness, light and truth. Evil will dominate where freedom is suppressed and darkness hides the real. Let us therefore be vessels of undistorted truth.
446. Fulfill the dreams of others and you will fulfill your own.
447. When mediocrity becomes a standard for praise then those great souls who reach for greatness will be trampled under foot.
448. The road to success is paved with stepping stones of failure which have been learning exercises to make us stronger.
449. If that which is desired determines what is accepted or rejected as true then the belief system will be a distorted mixture of truth and error – in other words, a fantasy existence.
450. Truth is best understood when it is seen in the greatest of simplicity, but when applied often multiplies into immense complexity. The seeker therefore must break down the elements of distortion in this world into its simplest parts to discern the real from the unreal.
451. The desire for power, when not tempered by love, can never be quenched.
452. Light and truth bring complete understanding whereas illusion creates gaps in knowledge that cannot be explained.
453. Ask not as if you are poor seeking from the rich, but realize you have the wealth of heaven now and affirm that which is a correct desire.
454. You cannot see unless you look, or hear without listening or feel without touch. The taking in of knowledge, both visible and invisible, requires focused attention.
455. If two disagree one or both is in illusion. If illusion is dispelled they will both see as one.
456. Contrasting shades of darkness can give the illusion of vision to those who refuse to look and see the light within.
457. When you choose a path you choose its destination; therefore look not only at where you are, but where you are going.
458. Many borrow the words of angels yet think the thoughts of devils. Thoughts are more powerful than words – therefore always look to the heart of the sender.
459. Those with a high degree of spiritual focus have amplified power in their words and thoughts. Therefore, speak up for the cause of truth. You are more powerful than you suppose.
460. Truth only needs to be communicated with quiet reasoning. It needs not force or the clamoring of mobs to make its point.
461. There are those who know, those who think they know and those who definitely know not. Choose today the category to which you will belong.
462. Harboring ill feelings toward another is like attacking yourself. Forgiveness is the sensible thing.
463. Common sense beats no sense every time; reason always trumps the thoughtless and truth remains when error is long forgotten.
464. All fear is related to concern about loss. When the seeker reaches the point where the focus is on the eternal invulnerable self he will have mastered fear.
465. Experience is the desire of all life. Even when we are asleep, we dream and when we think we are awake we still dream.
466. Total honesty cannot be achieved unless one’s limitations are known. People often lie at a point of tension when they thought they would not.
467. A thought is never completely hidden. Each thought produces ripples in the stream of universal life and can be assimilated by those who know.
468. A thought is never completely hidden. Each thought produces ripples in the stream of universal life and can be assimilated by those who know.
469. The seeker who makes the most progress takes one doable step at a time. The path is lined with failures that attempted many steps in one, faltered and became discouraged.
470. Your progress toward Spirit is not determined by the data in your head, but by your ability to sort out truth from error and act upon it.
471. Those who love and seek truth find peace while those who attack, deceive and distort create storms engulfing their own lives.
472. There are many things people do not see because they do not look and they do not look because they do not want to see or understand.
473. All beings who have reached the God consciousness identify with the One God and share a oneness of thought. Innumerable beings in the universe share this consciousness which we seek to attain.
474. To find the truth we must be willing to let go of the “familiar spirit” and become open to accepting that which is not familiar.
475. Many dogmas and illusions force us toward belief systems with no appeal to common sense or logic of any kind.
476. The decision between good and evil is not a decision between blissful love and demonic madness. If the choice were that obvious, then all would choose the path of light. Instead, many are deceived in thinking they are doing right when they support harmful acts and loss of freedom toward those who do not support their beliefs.
477. Feelings, both positive and negative, are there for a reason. To allow them harmless expression and release brings peace, health and vitality.
478. The strongest prison bars are created by our own thoughts.
479. You are an idea in the mind of God. It is therefore your responsibility to become a good idea.
480. Thoughts produce ideas, ideas create plans, plans manifest purpose and purpose gives meaning to life.
481. Heaven or hell is created by the company you keep.
482. When humanity learns to harmonize their actions with the kingdom of God within, then the wondrous kingdom of God without will manifest.
483. Being in the image of God you have all the powers of godliness lying unrealized within you. If you decree that you are separate from God then it will seem as if God has spoken it. Retract that command and discover your true oneness with All That Is.
484. We are creators in the image of God. This gives both love and fear great power. Choose which one you want to manifest.
485. The truth will make you free, but a good falsehood will make you think.
486. The Hebrew word for God in the Bible is Elohiym which means “Gods,” plural. This is because God is a shared group consciousness, something which we hope to attain.
487. There are things in life over which you have control and others that you do not. Forget about those that you cannot control and concentrate on those that you do.
488. Create a time each day where your mind pays no attention to the troubles of the world, or your personal problems, and see where your inner life takes you.
489. To take offense when no offense is intended is offensive to civility.
490. The difference between success and failure is often measured in inches, not miles. Some of the greatest successes have been achieved by just pressing forward only by a small degree more than the many who failed.
491. Material inertia is always there, pulling us toward inactivity in Spirit. The disciple must use the force of will to counter it. If he ceases this he will crystalize to stagnation in older age.
492. Look for Christ in your neighbor and you will find Him, but seek for the devil in his heart and it will be there too.
493. If, in order to fulfill his own desires, one supports that which will limit the freedom of others, he will be reborn in a situation where that which is important in life is kept from him because he has diminished freedom to pursue.
494. Each life in its own way sees the birth of innocence, the influx of evil, the birth of Christ, the miracles of Christ, the resurrection of Christ and, finally, the end of the world at death.
495. An honest disagreement or question is different than a mean spirited attack and should not be discouraged. Sometimes such questioning will cause a change of direction for the better.
496. Each belief system has its own language and to reach those trapped within it one must discover, adapt and speak their language.
497. The gap in understanding of language from one belief system to another is as great as from one national language to another.
498. The sin of separateness will not be solved by force but by raising the light of truth and understanding above our heads for all to see.
499. Many of those who pray for God to appear and destroy their enemies would find themselves to be the enemy to God if He did just that.
500. True intuition is much different than a gut instinct, which is the result of a computer program in your brain. Intuition involves lower consciousness merging with higher consciousness and seeing from a higher level.
501. Ideals can be very positive if approached with good judgment, but dangerous if judgment is in error, especially if human freedom is sacrificed to obtain the “greater good,” which turns out to be the greater evil.
502. Be thankful when rising, act with purpose through the day, reflect in the evening and sleep peacefully at night.
503. Though there be a dozen versions of the truth, there is only one that is true.
504. To learn, teach; to master, do; to receive, give; to be loved, love.
505. Look within and find yourself as bright as the sun, as endearing as the moon and mysterious as the stars.
506. When those who believe they have found the ultimate in spiritual understanding or experience take a rest, and look again, they will see another step that needs taken.
507. Love your enemies, but don’t give them your passwords.
508. The secret of happiness is in realizing you have free will and then choosing the path of freedom.
509. Many freedom lovers have quoted, “I may disagree with your speech but would defend to the death your right to say it.” That attitude has changed. Now many are saying they want to silence or harm those with whom they disagree. This is a dangerous path.
510. The moon today is blotting out the light of the sun, dividing America with a path of blackness, symbolizing the uncontrolled emotional rage that is blotting out the light of the inner sun which should unite us with true vision. (Written Aug 21, 2017, the day of the solar eclipse)
511. If you are incited to violence because of some disgusting opinion then the violence belongs to you, and you alone.
512. The secret to maintaining freedom for oneself is to not interfere with the freedom of others.
513. The secret of knowledge is to seek until you find, and when truth is found, to accept.
514. The secret of wisdom is to accept the higher over the lower, the mind over lower emotion, the intuition over mind and pure Spirit over all.
515. The secret of success is persistence in the right direction. Persisting 1000 miles in the wrong direction only takes you away from the goal.
516. Space is not empty, but filled with thought, which has woven itself into many forms.
517. Space is the mind of God; creation is Its body.
518. The secret of strength is to have no fear of loss.
519. The secret of security is to become indispensable
520. The secret of love is understanding.
521. The secret of intelligence is in the choices made.
522. The secret of health is moderation, harmony with yourself and nature and a cheerful heart.
523. The secret of good fortune is to make your own luck.
524. The secret of finding is to seek and not give up.
525. The secret of motivation is fire, but let it be a flame that warms your brother.
526. Love is sharing that last bite.
527. Sometimes love is just being there.
528. Life is intelligence in purposeful motion.
529. The only way to know if another has soul contact is to achieve it yourself. One person who has achieved this contact can recognize another who has received it.
530. When we talk about soul contact, we are talking about putting our attention and consciousness on the still point within that tells Spirit, what matter is doing, and matter, what Spirit is doing.
531. There is a time to play by the rules,
And a time to break them.
There is a time to play in the box,
And a time to think out of it.
A time to embrace with love
And a time to respond in firmness.
A time to include
And a time to exclude.
But the time is always right
To assist a willing pilgrim on the Path.
532. We can deviate from divine will on a temporary basis in this world governed by time by using our free will, but the pain and discomfort of bad decisions will eventually force us back into alignment.
533. The soul is associated with truth and has the capacity to recognize all true principles; therefore, a search or quest for the truth is a quest for soul contact.
534. When love and sharing become the new normal spiritual teachers will guide humanity toward a quality of life hitherto unknown.
535. Your eyes reflect your soul, your smile your state of mind, your walk reveals your attitude and your face is a roadmap of your journey through life.
536. Everything that has or will exist is in the mind of God and can manifest. Select that which you desire and make it yours.
537. Always remember, there is more to see than you are seeing, more to hear than you are hearing, more to feel than you are feeling and more to believe than you are believing.
538. Knowledge of facts contributes 1% to wisdom and the intelligent understanding of how they apply is the other 99%.
539. The “I found it” delusion is a great obstacle to soul contact. One cannot find without seeking and one will not seek if he feels there is nothing to seek. The ego becomes God; why seek that which is higher than God?
540. Be civil when attacks rage about you.
Pursue your goals when distractions abound
Find peace amidst the noise of life.
541. While it is true the NOW is all there is, sometimes it is pretty tough while other times it is a joy.
542. Beware of anyone who praises too much.
543. Once the light of truth is seen, it cannot be unseen, for light reveals and darkness hides.
544. Once truth is heard and understood, it cannot be unheard. Let us ever speak the truth and fill the world with light.
545. The great mind will work on the small, but necessary details, while the small mind sees himself at the center of drama with himself as a superstar.
546. The pain and pleasure, joy and sorrow, that make us human are the source of our constant complaints, but the envy of heaven.
547. If truth is relative then there is no such thing as truth, but “truth is true and nothing else is true.”
548. We cannot excel at all things, but all have the ability to focus on one thing. Pick that one thing that is most interesting to you and become an expert.
549. To hear in silence is wisdom and to see in the midst of darkness is true vision.
550. Perform well today so the you of tomorrow will be happy and at peace.
551. Teaching the rising generation true principles preserves liberty, whereas indoctrinating their minds with illusion and hatred is the biggest threat.
552. You came here with a purpose. When you discover it you will feel an inner fire that moves you forward no matter what others say to discourage you.
553. Even in the midst of great evil the good that is in humanity reigns supreme. (Written after the Las Vegas shooting Oct 2)
554. The greatest victor is not the strongest, but the one who makes all the needed corrections until the goal is met.
555. I will be your mirror and you be mine,
As we seek the light divine.
I’ll take a step and so will you,
Ever learning that which is true.
Two souls becoming as one,
As we approach the heart of the sun.
556. The Great Plan allows us to enter into the deepest materialism, pain, selfishness and illusion until we no longer want to play the games therein. Then we work our way back to reality.
557. Now is the opportunity to manifest in this world of time and space that which is in the consciousness that dwells in the great peace of the Eternal Now.
558. A popular illusion that is exposed as deception will strike a nerve in about half the people who will see you as an enemy to truth.
559. We have always been because God has always been.
560. You are proof that intelligence exists in matter. If intelligence can exist in a small body then it can exist in a larger one – such as the universe. That indwelling intelligence is called God.
561. The first great discovery was the fire that warms the world without. The second is the fire of the Spirit that warms the world within.
562. Illusion is so powerful that it can cause even good and decent people to take the path of destruction.
563. Achieving union with your own head and heart is difficult indeed, but achieving it with two or more people is a Herculean task, however, the reward is great power to move through any obstacle.
564. Too many people love illusion. They want to be tricked into believing what they want to believe and not let the facts get in the way.
565. If you lost a winning lottery ticket and didn’t know you had won there would be no significant discomfort. But if you lose a ticket you know is a winner the upset would be great. The difference between peace and pain is your attitude, not the loss.
566. Illusion seems logical to one caught in it and can only be unraveled by an honest and discerning mind.
567. Unless we practice non-deception then inspired teachings designed to take us out of illusion can lead us further into it.
568. The true seeker will never exchange truth for illusion no matter how disturbing.
569. The ways of transforming good intentions into harm through illusion are without number.
570. Seeing the same illusion together will reinforce error giving the false confirmation they are correct.
571. Foundation illusions are very difficult to dispel because they are usually tied in with a mainstream thoughtform, which is held by millions.
572. Illusion cannot be dispelled by good intentions alone; there must be an wakening.
573. The greatest enemies to seeing true reality are comfortable illusions that truth would destroy.
574. Natural love for illusion and magic gives the mind power to trick the seeker into thinking the unreal is the real.
575. The light of truth, if not blocked by stubborn willfulness, will immediately reveal and disintegrate illusions.
576. That which is not true can have the illusion of truth, yet those in illusion can present truth as a dark deception.
577. The small mind attacks the person with whom he disagrees. The greater mind addresses the illusion.
578. Harry sees three and Jim sees two. Either Harry is seeing something that is not there or Jim is not seeing what is.
579. There is illusion behind most fears, but there is also great illusion behind many proclamations of love.
580. We normally see a word as merely a sound, but from a higher view a word is a force that creates an impact. It could be represented by an idea, a book or united action. A Word created all there is.
581. Yes, follow your passion, but you must also make time to take care of the boring, but essential details.
582. Your life plays a note in the great symphony of the music of the spheres. Try and stay in tune.
583. Freedom of speech is determined by your government. Freedom of thought comes from yourself.
584. You can try to avoid life and its consequences, but life will not avoid you.
585. Seeing equality as sameness is a great error. Do we want a football team with all quarterbacks or work for a company where everyone is the boss? Equal opportunity is a fine ideal, but equal outcome cannot be mandated.
586. Truth offends those in illusion but is a thrill to those seeking reality.
587. The magical power of the soul is manifest when the self is forgotten, higher purpose is sought and service is the objective.
588. The mind expands when it is exposed to two sides of a debate and contracts when limited to just one.
589. The doors of higher spiritual reality cannot stay shut for long to one who loves the truth.
590. Diversity alone does not equal strength. Real strength comes from union, or cooperation on positive goals despite differences.
591. We are entering a point of tension that will create a gathering of lights that will illuminate the way of higher evolution.
592. The duties of life and career often consume too much precious time. Even so, make time for your passion each day, even if it is a small amount.
593. Advice can only go so far in personal situations because our own souls often have lessons in mind for us to learn, from which there is no escape.
594. We either create our own reality or allow someone else to do it for us.
595. In the end good dominates over evil, intelligence over ignorance, light over dark and love over hate. This knowledge gives the servants of life the faith to endure to the end.
596. Union through true principles creates vision. Union through deception leads to blindness.
597. The seeker sees creation and marvels at the invisible Creative Intelligence. Then he advances another step and sees that the Creative Force hides an even greater revelation.
598. Prayer opens the door of the soul to gain access to the world of Spirit, meditation takes you through that door so you can receive the Spirit, and contemplation brings the things of the Spirit down into the practical realm of the material world.
599. There was once a seeker from hitherland.
Who happily plunged into earthland.
But he soon forgot the plan,
And looked upward to demand
Asking what life is about?
Please remove all doubts.
He listened and listened for words from above
And finally from the soul heard words of love.
600. You experienced a resurrection from the dead at birth, for it wasn’t long ago that you died in a previous life.
601. After the path of good is discovered and followed to its end, another path opens to a yet greater good. Once taken, the good of the past becomes the current evil.
602. If belief is based on authority and backed up by other authorities then you have nothing unless you have verified it for yourself.
603. When the seeker learns to be the observer he can enjoy the ride through life in good times and bad.
604. On this Thanksgiving how can you not love a person with a grateful heart who appreciates all the wondrous gifts in his surroundings?
605. If authorities say do, consider not doing. If they say do not, consider doing. Step out of the box and join original thinkers.
606. All form is temporary, even stars and galaxies will disappear. Only that which creates form is immortal.
607. There are words that are just words and pass away and then there are words that convey true principles that do not pass away. These are eternal words.
608. Those who say there is no heaven or hell must be closing their eyes to life right here on earth, for we create our own heaven or hell in life by our thoughts and actions.
609. We complain about life’s problems but they often provide more opportunities for growth than the peaceful times for which we give thanks.
610. A small act of kindness can affect more change of heart than a thousand sermons.
611. Knowledge dispels many fears, but not all. If you’re headed over a cliff and you know it you will feel somewhat uneasy.
612. All of us have one important lesson to learn in this life. If it is ignored then circumstances will be created again and again forcing us to face it until mastered.
613. Familiarity can breed contempt, but remove the cause of contempt, replace it with love, and you have an everlasting bond.
614. A productive teacher obtains satisfaction, not from students who become disciples, but from those who are sponges for knowledge and independent thought.
615. One meaning of being born again is to birth yourself into a new learning experience, seeing yourself as a child beginning anew, instead of resting on previous accomplishments.
616. All people come into our lives because their consciousness shares a certain note with our own consciousness.
617. He who stimulates love from others dwells in heaven. He who finds no love or acceptance dwells in hell.
618. Truth is as we perceive it until we know the truth. Then the truth just is.
619. The words and works of an individual reveal his true nature.
620. If you make a mistake on the road of life the problem multiplies with each turn until you are forced to correct or crash and burn.
621. Even the most average among us can excel at an endeavor if he focuses his time and energy on mastering it.
622. A spiritual insight gained, if not reinforced and applied, will be as if it never was.
623. It is not death that should be so feared, but a wasted life.
624. A test for seeker comes when he receives knowledge that contradicts what he has believed all his life. His outright rejection takes him into darkness, whereas his sincere consideration takes him into the light.
625. To manifest the great new age of brotherhood the lights of the world must penetrate the darkness that keeps the rank and file from the truth.
“How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!
Thy watchmen shall lift up the voice; with the voice together shall they sing: for they shall see eye to eye, when the LORD shall bring again Zion.” Isa 52:7-8
626. Nature responds to human consciousness. Effects such as storms and peaceful waters, disease and health reflect the thinking and feeling of the people.
627. Love is not the opposite of fear and does not negate fear as many assume. Peace is the opposite of fear and fear can be amplified by love. If your child is threatened you will fear because of love. Fear is negated by seeing the whole rather than the part.
628. Your brain is your computer, your vision is your screen, your subconscious has your programming, your consciousness is the end user and your password is thought.
629. A belief system that allows persecution, suppression of free speech or violence is not the solution but a major part of the problem for humanity.
630. Like the sun is to the earth the inner spirit of truth ever shines, but is sometimes obscured by clouds, storms and a dark night.
631. The secret of success: Plan, work, revise; plan, work, revise; plan, work, revise – continue until satisfied.
632. The brave decide and do, though uncertain of the results; the timid stay where they are and wait; the cowards run.
633. Our desires, which often distort reality, pull us toward defending them with deceit. Unless truth is the highest priority desire will obscure vision.
634. Given two people of equal strength and ability, the one with the greater sense of purpose will prevail.
635. He who reaches the highest pinnacle of success has first passed through failure so devastating that tempted him to dismiss his life as worthless.
636. Celebrate this season with the birth of Christ, first within your own heart, then watch for it in the hearts of others.
637. Claims of strength, spiritual power or virtue mean nothing until they are tested.
638. A smile is a bridge between human consciousness and the gods.
639. He who has peace of mind, someone to love and basic needs supplied is rich.
640. The heresy of one age is often the established thinking of another.
641. One who is trusted is always loved, but we do not always trust those we love. Therefore, trust is to be valued even more than love.
642. A new year, a new cycle, a new beginning, and a new you. You are a different person now than you were last year and will be born anew many times hence, yet your essence remains. (Written on New Year’s Day)
643. Most of the unproductive are not so much lazy, as lacking focus, and wind up working hard at labor not related to their progression.
644. Time is caused by the motion of form. Therefore, true timelessness would be a state where there is nothing that moves.
645. To be or not to be is always the question. Do we move decisively ahead with life and forge a destiny or relax and let the decisions of others take control?
646. I would rather be in harmony with true principles and stand alone than receive the praise of the world for siding with error.
647. If all the people of the world were like you, would it be a better place? Something to think about.
648. If a rich man offers you a million dollars to jump up and down ten times, and tabulates in advance that you will do it, are you exercising free will when you perform since the probability of you doing it is close to 100%?
649. It seems strange that new truth is resisted by so many, but light destroys darkness and darkness fights for its life.
650. Taking the next step in spiritual progression not only brings a higher state of consciousness but greater freedom as well as more understanding of the principle on which it rests.
651. It is almost impossible to find new information that is not somewhere available, but the ways of enunciating ancient truths that shed new insights are without number.
652. A grain of sand, a perfected crystal – the difference being that the crystal is many grains of sand fused into one. So shall many souls become one and share the greater life.
653. A lesson unlearned returns again in new clothing. If not mastered it returns as an adversary that cannot be ignored.
654. Do not waste time awaiting a great opportunity before acting. There are small ones that come each day that can lead to big outcomes.
655. Happiness, love and friendship are elusive. The only way to keep them is to give them away.
656. Your soul and mine are one.
In the realm of souls love prevails.
Let us lift up our consciousness
That we may love on earth
As we do in heaven.
657. Certain melodies lift the consciousness from matter to spirit and heal the soul. Seek out those inspired sounds and play them when needed.
658. Silence is more than lack of noise. When the emotions and mind are also stilled, and the attention is focused on the place of stillness, true silence can be known.
659. Much worse than losing possessions we can see are losing those we cannot see such as love, friendship, trust, hope and faith.
660. True strength is revealed not in fantastic claims, but in one that is quiet in the storm, reserved when holding power but acts decisively when the need arises.
661. Proceed as if there were no limitations and prepare to be amazed.
662. The symbolic meaning of Jesus walking on the water tells us you achieve success by moving forward. Not moving ahead is the surest way to sink into failure.
663. If negative people knew the joys of love and forgiveness there would never be another war and the world would be at peace.
664. We plant seeds whether we realize it or not. The fruit from seeds of love and kindness or hate and fear planted in one cycle become obvious in another.
665. Taking one step forward on the spiritual path is more difficult than ten steps backward. Therefore, let the pilgrim focus with one-pointed attention on the goal.
666. An attempt to correct another has little effect if the flaw is in oneself.
667. Faith in unseen Divine Intelligence gives many advantages to one seeking to accomplish great things. With a spiritual wind at his back he will aspire and persevere where others will falter.
668. Those who gained fame because of power, position or authority are rarely remembered fondly, whereas those who touched us with their words and deeds are loved for ages.
669. The overly cautious and indecisive may make few mistakes but have little success. Success requires decisiveness and a few whopper mistakes.
670. True freedom brings freedom from guilt, from ignorance, from fear and lower desire as well as the freedom to act.
671. The few will see a higher truth that benefits the many. The many will embrace its lower distorted reflection that benefits the few.
672. If you know you are right, it is not stubbornness to stand your ground. If you are not sure, it is folly to pretend you are.
673. Make small improvements on yourself now and see large effects manifest later on.
674. Principles of a Fulfilled Life
(1) Trust yourself
(2) Love much
(3) Give much
(4) Seek truth
(5) Give others the benefit of the doubt.
(6) Take some risks
(7) Follow the highest you know
(8) Have faith in the goodness of God and fellow humans
675. Intelligence and character are revealed, not only by what you say, but by what you do not say, by what you do and not do.
676. I AM EVOCATION
I AM fire, the burning Spirit is within.
I AM air, I take in and share knowledge.
I AM water, I share my life.
I AM earth, I stand as a source of strength.
677. The learned are adept at solving problems for which exists reliable formulas, but sometimes lack the wisdom of a six year old in discovering the real problem that needs to be solved.
678. The mind rusts from lack of use; the heart stagnates when love is not there and the blood runs cold when there is no compassion. The key to the abundant life is to keep all of our parts in positive motion.
679. True vision not only sees what is there, but what is not there.
680. Great order and harmony are visible in all creation. Even so, make order and harmony a keynote in life for a peaceful happy existence.
681. A closed mind keeps the truth from entering, but releases many falsehoods and distortions.
682. Imagine how you would treat others if it were the last day of your life. If it is different than today then perhaps some reflection is in order.
683. An action, whether it be right or wrong, is the result of, not only the individual making it, but influences of millions who came before.
684. An action taken toward a goal is worth a thousand words.
685. Character etches itself into our appearance. Look at a person’s face as the years pass and you’ll see the roadmap of a life.
686. Take heart in the fact that in some skill you are superior to Einstein.
687. Victim mentality is as difficult to cure as cancer.
688. True education comes not from universities but through following the inner voice. It will let you know when the lessons are learned.
689. Are you a different person today than you were ten years ago? You should be, but in a good way.
690. Romance may come and go, but a true friend is forever.
691. Greatness is seen when another does that which we wish we could do.
692. How do you prove the dream world exists to one who does not dream? The final proof of all that is not physical is personal experience.
693. You can never love too much, know too much, or be too wise. Therefore proceed with full strength toward all the virtues.
694. There would be peace on earth tomorrow if everyone would just apply one or more of these:
- Live and let live
- Love their neighbors as themselves.
- Send goodwill to all.
- Believe in harmlessness
- Are not easily offended
- Are not obsessed with power
- Do not feel like a victim
695. To do something great, be a part of something great.
696. Silence can speak volumes or it can say nothing. Therefore, guard how you use it just as you would your speech.
697. Great thoughts never shared are like pieces of art never seen. Don’t let them become as if they never were.
698. Look for flaws in your associates and you will find them, but look for wondrous things and you will find them also. Here you have a good reason to focus on the positive.
699. If you can make a living doing that which you love, you are blessed indeed.
700. Fear, worry and distortion are contagious. For immunity, vaccinate yourself with light, truth and courage.
701. If this divided society put as much energy into constructive activities as attacking each other, we’d be living in Utopia.
702. Sleep is the great equalizer. Whether one is rich or poor, old or young, small or great, sleep can be a blissful part of life.
703. The degree to which a person, organization or nation is attacked by the masses and pillars of power is directly proportional to their light and drive toward freedom and positive change.
704. Just as we can harness the power of a mighty river, the wind or the sun, let us harness the power of mind, the greatest of them all.
705. Many failures are caused by taking steps too big; whereas, many succeed with smaller but continuous steps toward the goal.
706. To be liked, speak kindly, listen much, smile often and show appreciation.
707. Before the lie, comes the works in the dark of night.
708. If one’s greatest talent is in making excuses then he has a problem that is inexcusable.
709. We tend to blame our failures on outside forces, but qualities inside are the real problem, such as laziness, bad judgment, envy, intolerance, deceit, and playing the victim.
710. There’s a big difference between knowing a fact and knowing what to do with it. The many have some knowledge but the few know how to apply.
711. Like attracts like. Your chosen friends and associates reveal a lot about you.
712. There is a price for everything though the payment is not always in money.
713. If we could go 100 years into the future we would see that much of what the masses believe today is not true. The wise will open their minds and see much of that truth now.
714. In the long run, the criminal has to work as hard for money as one who is upright, so we might as well put our efforts into an honest living.
715. Those who have work to do, good health, someone to love, and common sense have the foundation of a happy life.
716. Cause and effect and intelligence interplay. They have always been and will always be.
717. He who acknowledges weaknesses is a normal human being.
He who can tune out the partisan diatribe is a saint.
But he who instigates the division with fingers of false accusation is an agent of darkness.
718. Many believe in the path to excellence. Few take it.
719. Things do not happen unless someone makes them happen. You can be that someone.
720. We live in space and space resides in us, even so, we live in God and God is in us.
721. A firm decision is worth a thousand wishes.
722. That which makes you laugh or cry, angry or delighted, feeling hate or love will reveal your true character.
723. He who initiates attacks through demonization is the true demon.
724. People going to extremes in their beliefs and actions are the norm. Live a measured life and you will not seem normal to either side.
725. Do something in life that will cause others to fondly remember you after you die.
726. Truth will make the corrupt angry, but will bring gladness to the pure in heart.
727. Treat others as if they were angels and no devil will seem to exist.
728. Your talent will be appreciated by the humble, but arouse jealousy in big egos.
729. Your situation, whatever it is, is mostly the result of your past decisions. To make a bright future, cease blaming others and make constructive decisions now.
730. You can’t fool all the people all the time, but there are enough that can be fooled that it sometimes seems that way.
731. Be true to yourself and others. If not, you’ll never find out who you are.
732. To see the divinity in others you must first see it within yourself.
733. All the great ones were not satisfied with conditions as they are, but focused on that which should be or could be.
734. Knowledge can be power, but it is suffocated when constrained by ignorance and blocked by intolerance. Its greatest friend is time.
735. Climb the ladder to heaven. The steps are faith, hope, love, service and honest labor, and can be taken now.
736. What do those who achieve greatness have in common? Is it IQ, education or status? It is none of these obvious factors but an invisible intelligence not seen by the masses.
737. New truth, or a better way, is like a bright light, painful to those who love darkness, but bringing gladness to those already in the light.
738. Life’s problems bring blessings in disguise. They bring forth strength, talent and insights unrealized without the challenges of life.
739. Hold your vision continually in your mind and it will magnetically attract the ingredients of fulfillment.
740. The cure for an unhappy life is a change in thinking.
741. We do not realize the chains that imprison us until we try and break free.
742. Too many facts clutter the mind. Keep the important things in your memory but make sure the rest are available in other sources.
743. Each major event in life, whether good or bad, is an opportunity to discover truth that was hitherto hidden from view.
744. You will learn ten times as much studying that which you enjoy as that which gives you no pleasure.
745. We live in an age where machines are getting smarter and people are dumbing down. Your mobile device knows billions of facts, but many kids do not know who fought in World War II.
746. Happiness is directly related to being a decent, kind and forgiving person.
747. The great hero or villain did not take their path because of one big decision, but their direction began with something small during everyday life.
748. Miracles happen when you speak words of love, which are sent from the heart of God.
749. The only good thing about a failed life is that the biography makes for interesting reading.
750. It is easy to tell another he is wrong but nearly impossible to bring him to the truth unless he wants to see it.
751. If Christ were to come again and walk the earth, even in the hearts of a thousand souls, the event would go unnoticed if He is not first birthed within your own heart.
752. That which is seen as enlightenment often consists of replacing one illusion with another.
753. There is no noble thought or grand ambition that goes unnoticed by those who watch.
754. The heavens declare the glory of God, the heart pulsates with the love of God and the mind reflects Divine Intelligence. Then there is the inner core, which is One with All There Is.
755. The time of opportunity is now. It may be great or small, but if you seize the small the great will follow.
756. Since you cannot win arguments with those whose minds are fixed the best thing to do is humor them.
757. Look at the famous and adored today and wait 100 years. Only the ones who made real accomplishments will remain in the public consciousness.
758. Making a difference requires a firm decision, focused attention and perseverance. These are three pillars of creation.
759. If people insult you, do not lash back, but prove them wrong by the way you live your life.
760. A tree cannot fall in a forest without being witnessed by some consciousness, however subtle.
761. Find the limit of your consciousness, take a step beyond that limit, adjust and find your new limit.
762. When you find your true path every person and circumstance will try to pull you off it. Ignore them.
763. In a balanced education of our children lies our safety, but there is great danger of tyranny if learning is controlled by one political view.
764. He or she who makes use each day of wealth, knowledge, vitality and time is on the path of mastery.
765. You live with yourself. Do you like what you see? That is what you will project.
766. Freedom is not secure unless we protect the rights of those with whom we disagree as much as for ourselves.
767. He who supports injustice for the despised is supporting the same for himself at a future date.
768. We spend too much time wanting to feel important when we should be doing important things.
769. He who is afraid to leap is far behind the one who has taken a chance and failed.
770. We honor dead saints, but seek out and destroy the living ones.
771. Take ordinary knowledge, wrap it in mystery and secrets and you will captivate the minds of the unthinking.
772. Yes, life seems tough at times, but compared to those who have real problems we should be giving thanks.
773. We may be alerted by the experience and warnings of others but ignoring them really sinks in when we suffer the consequences of our own mistakes.
774. God speaks to us each day in events, through friends, family and people encountered. We should always be listening.
775. To relinquish thought and conform to a group mindset is true cowardice.
776. The one to be admired is he who remains calm while others are quaking with fear, who takes his time when others are rushed and who sees the sunrise tomorrow when others see only the black of night.
777. There is what people think of you, what you think of you and what God thinks of you. If they are all the same you are doing something right.
778. One with a truly good heart will be generous in poverty as well as wealth and will help others in good times as well as bad.
779. Truth is like a seed that cannot die which will sprout and grow the moment it lands on fertile soil.
780. Truth, clearly enunciated, vibrates in the heart, the mind, the soul and spirit. It is the link we all have between heaven and earth, if we choose to accept it.
781. If true sacrifice were seen in its correct light we would see that we are giving up the limited for the unlimited, a source of sorrow for joy, that which enslaves us for total freedom.
782. Sometimes the most effective promoters of truth are those who seek to destroy it and the greatest hindrance comes from those who embrace it.
783. You are more than you imagine.
The mind is stronger than steel
The heart more intense than fire
The spirit of life is invulnerable.
784. That which we run away from is often that which we should be hastening to confront head on.
785. Are your thoughts the result of your thinking or that of someone else? Are you in control or is someone else? Do you follow your path or one decided by another?
786. Power belongs to all the people, lusted after by many, but seized by the few who live in fear of losing it.
787. Truth revealed before one is ready can be like a scorching sun at midday. Though the sun is the source of life, too much too soon can be dangerous.
788. A small thought now becomes an imprisoning mindset later. A small action in time leads to a painful habit. Given time, there is not that much difference between small and great errors.
789. If you hate your enemies, your friends are not far behind.
790. Trust the person with flaws that you have tested above one proclaimed as a saint that you have not.
791. The light in your words reveals the light in your mind.
792. Keep words of light, love and truth before you for reflection and you will not lose sight of the path that takes you to the heart of God.
793. Courage is not found in being self-destructive, but in intelligently moving forward when others are afraid.
794. When one in darkness encounters a knower he must resist the impulse to fight the light before he can embrace it.
795. To achieve mastery the point of focus must be on the next step, and ignore the praise that may come from accomplishment.
796. New truth will not be seen correctly when using the filters of the incomplete pieces of the whole from the past. New prospective must be consistently added.
797. Choose the right thing over peace and you will have peace. Choose peace over the right thing and peace will only be a passing dream.
798. The body communicates through the senses, the feelings through emotion, the mind through reason and the inner spirit through inspiration.
799. The wise gravitate to being loving and kind whereas the foolish tend to be thoughtless and selfish. If love is the goal, wisdom indeed must be sought.
800. See Divine Power as coming through you, not from you, and miracles will happen.
Browse through the quotes made into graphic images HERE
Copyright 2016-2018 by J J Dewey
Index for Recent Posts
Easy Access to All the Writings
Register at Freeread Here
Log on to Freeread Here
For Free Book go HERE and other books HERE
JJ’s Amazon page HERE
Join JJ’s Facebook class HERE