- The Prime Question
- What Is God?
- Where Did God Come From?
- How Did the Universe Come To Be?
- Is God Everywhere?
- Does God Know Everything?
- Is God All Powerful?
- Is Jesus or God Perfect?
- Why Did God Create the Universe?
- Why Would God Permit Suffering?
- Who were the beings that appeared to Abraham, Moses and Jacob?
- Is God a Democrat or Republican?
- Is Jesus a Socialist?
- Does God Love Harmful People? Should We?
- Is the Bible Infallible and Literally True?
- Does the Bible Really Say the Earth is Less Than 10,000 Years Old?
- Is Evolution Contrary to the Biblical Teachings?
- Was There an Adam and Eve?
- Is the Bible Anti-Science?
- Did Humans And Dinosaurs Live At The Same Time?
- Is the End of the World at Hand?
- Is Jesus Coming Again?
- Are We the Most Wicked Generation?
- Do I Have To Join A Church To Be Saved?
- What Does It Mean to be Saved?
- What’s With the Draconian Commandments in the Old Testament?
- Are the Bible Teachings Right or Wrong About Gays?
- What is the Beast?
- What Is The Mark of The Beast?
- What Is The Meaning Of 666?
- Is There Life After Death?
- What Is There That Survives Death?
- What Happens After Death?
- Why Are Near Death Experiences So Different?
- Is There A Heaven And Hell?
- Will Good People Who Do Not Believe Go To Hell?
- Is There Reincarnation?
- Do Animals Survive Death?
- What Will I Look Like When I Die?
- Is Heaven Boring?
- Is There Marriage After Death?
- Is There Sex in the Next World?
- Is Abortion Murder?
- Is There Good And Evil?
- What Is Good and Evil?
- Is There A Devil And Evil Spirits?
- Can The Human Soul Be Annihilated?
- Do Miracles Really Happen?
- Why Do Some People Suffer Pain and Disease While Others Do Not?
- Is Everything Predetermined?
- What Is the Purpose of Life?
- Where Did I Come From?
- Do We Have Free Will?
- Will Science Create Life?
- Are There Accidents or Is Everything Planned?
- Was there a Big Bang?
- Questions on the Universe
Is There Sex in the Next World?
When I was a teenager some of us guys would meet on the steps of the church after the service was over and talk about whatever came to our minds. On the rare occurrences where theological doctrine was discussed this was the main question that was asked:
“I wonder if they have sex in the next world.”
We never did formulate a clear answer and since we didn’t know we figured the best thing to do was to live a long, fun and healthy life in the here and now. We all hoped that Jesus wasn’t going to show up in the clouds of heaven any time soon and force us into a sexless boring existence.
So, what is the answer to this mystery? It appears the scriptures are completely silent on this subject so they are of little assistance.
Can we have sex without a physical body? Before we tackle this it may be helpful to answer another question first. What is sex anyway?
Yes, we all know what happens in the physical act but what is the principle involved? Why is there such desire, passion and pleasure involved? Believe it or not there is an interesting clue in the Bible.
In ancient days, sexual intercourse was described in the Bible with the Hebrew word YADA, or the Greek work GINOSKO, which meant “to know”. When a man had sex with a woman, he was said to have “known” her. Here are several examples:
“Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife: And KNEW (GINOSKO) her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name Jesus.” Matthew 1: 24-25
“And Adam KNEW (YADA) Eve his wife, and she conceived and bare Cain.” Genesis 4:1
“And Cain KNEW his wife and she conceived…” Genesis 4:17
“And Adam KNEW his wife again and she bare a son, and called his name Seth.” Genesis 4:25
This word is especially revealing when we examine it’s use in the following verse: “And this is life eternal, that they might KNOW (GINOSKO) thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom thou hast sent.” John 17:3
Now this leads to a pretty amazing conclusion. Are we being told that the ultimate sexual experience is to “know” or have sex with God?
Think back to the best sexual high that you have ever had and then think back to the time that you have felt closest to God. Many people would discover similarities in the feelings associated with the two experiences. If you take out the physical desire associated with sex you will find the two experiences are astonishingly similar.
When you think of it, the core event that transpires in sex is a sharing and a transfer of energy. Beforehand, both parties are charged up in their own energy and then experience an intimate sharing. Afterwards, both of them feel a lot more balanced than before.
The ability to share energy and establish greater balance does not cease with death but this ability follows all life forms in the body and out of the body. The effect of bodily sensations is not available in the spirit world so the full power of lower desire is not there. Even so, the sharing and balancing of energy does occur.
In the lower spheres inhabitants attempt to duplicate the sexual practices they had on earth. This leaves them not fully satisfied. In the higher spheres the sharing of energy is more intense and balancing than occurs here on earth. Because physical bodies are not involved lower desire is absent and it is not considered out of order to share with anyone who is possessed with an opposite charge.
The exchange takes place much differently than sex here. The two will approach each other and merely focus on sharing their energy. As it is shared they “know” each other very intimately and reach a spiritual high that goes beyond our sexual experiences here. Because it is not a carnal experience it is no more out of order there than two people merely sharing a glass of wine together here.
For the good people of the earth there is much to look forward to whether they be in the body or out of the body.
Copyright 2014 by J J Dewey
JJ’s Amazon page HERE
Join JJ’s Study class HERE